Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tough times

Today, I think that everyone is worried about the economy, and how much further in debit we are going! One of the most historical elections took place this last Tuesday, and I can say that I voted for the first time. Before, when I was 18, I didn't really care about the presidental elections, because I thought that it wouldn't effect the way I lived. I know now that I was wrong! Not saying that George Bush Jr. has done a bad job, he has also done a lot of good, he has just let a lot of things slide. That are important things to the American people, like their houses, the money in their bank accounts, and health care. He had some help in destroying a lot of people's lives, and now with that "Bail Out" plan, he thinks that it's going to help that "little" people, but it never will. Because the CEO's of these "bankrupt" companies are still going to get their christmas bonus's and their raises, that we are paying for. I heard on the news that one of the companies took their employee's for a spa day, within a week of them receiving money from the government. I think that they need to rethink that idea, maybe give the money directly to the American people. You get so much to help pay your morgage, or finance your house. We need to do something else, something better, or our whole country will be living in poverty. I only write about this because some friends of mine, got married about one year ago, bought a nice house with a few acres, to raise some cattle on and on Monday he lost his job, his wife doesn't work, she is a stay at home mom with their three kids. Now they are trying to figure out what to do. They still have a morgage to pay at the beginning of next month and no money to pay it with. Some people would say to get out and apply for jobs, but their aren't a lot of jobs available right now. So I hope that with our new president, Obama, he can help turn this country around. Not just for the people that are losing their houses,and their jobs, but for everyone, especially for our children.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I totally agree with you. A lot of peoples' lives have been ruined and they are left with nothing. I don't know anyone personally as you do, but I am sure that seeing your friends hurt that way effects you just as much. And, as much as we would all like to help, I am pretty sure we are in bad shape too. But, I really agree with you that hopefully things WILL change and get better with Obama, I really hope so.