Sunday, October 12, 2008

Stressful Work

Have you ever tried to work woith your boyfriend or girlfriend on a project? Well I did today, and I have to say that it was a very stressful situation! Niether one of us has ever tried to hang a door before, and had no clue how to do it. I am very stubborn and like to follow the directions, to make sure that I do it right. Well my boyfriend is the opposite. He likes to try how to put things together without the directions but then gets pissed off when he can't find out where a certain part goes. We hung a screen door today and instead of an hour of work, we turned it into 3 1/2 hours! It took all afternoon, first we didn't have the right drill because I bought the wrong kind of drill 2 years ago for his birthday. Then we borrowed a drill and couldn't figure out where eveything goes. "I don't need directions!", he says to me. It was so frustrating! He got mad and went in the house, and left me to hang this door by myself. After a half-hour of me cursing a storm and loosing like 10 screws, he finally decided to come back and help me. We finally got the job accomplished but it took forever. I don't know how couples can work together. My parents have work together for over 30 some years, I don't know how they stay sane. They love it, they ride together, eat lunch together, and spend ALL day together. I would either choke him or we would have to break up, there's no way that we could be together all the time. I love him but I need a little "me" time. Sorry to carry on about it, but I needed to vent a little.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Been there done that. It doesn't help that guys never seem to need the directions. They always seem to "know" how to do something even when you know they've never done it before in their life and will find some way to mess it up. It always seem like too that they try to make it seem like we were the ones who messed it up. Ahhh guys gotta love them but sometimes you have to wonder.

Joe Ranthum said...

Thats really funny, boys will always be boys

Kaei said...

Guys just like to show off trying to impress you with their knowledge. A lot of time it works in their favor, but sometimes it doesn't. But in the end, everything gets done, and looks just fine.