Thursday, October 2, 2008

Potty training

My daughter Dakota is 20 months old, she is very independent and stubborn as ever. It's come time to start potty training, I have bought the potty and she will sit on it for a minute or two, then thats it. She doesn't want anything to do with it after that! I don't want to push her into this but I don't want her to get to old and way to stubborn. They say that you shouldn't wait to long to start your child. Well its been 2 months of sitting on the potty, and no results! I don't know what to try next, I'm at a loss for words.I have tried to reward her for sitting on the potty, but its not working anymore. I hope that she is not going to fall behind with other kids her age. I want to her learn how to use the big girl potty. I have also tried to use regular underwear, so when she pees she become wet and uncomfortable, but it doesn't seem to bother her. I need some advise! Please!!!

1 comment:

Kaei said...

When my sister was potty training we set her up on the potty whenever she looked like she had to go. Then we moved to Montana, and at every spot we stopped we set her up on the toilet. On our way there she hadn't wet her diaper once.
Kaei